Monday 16 July 2007

Pancakes and pastries






Exciting day today on the food front...


Breakfast was same old shredded wheat and some banana (not much)


For lunch I made some mini pancakes. I added some apple puree to the mix and to half of it I also added some grated cheese. The apple ones didn't taste of apple at all but the cheesey ones were nice. JJ gobbled them up! He also had some melon.


For tea I made some puff pastry tarts using some of the veg sauce from yesterday, cheese and tomato and apple and cinnamon. He couldn't get them in quick enough but at one point he had so much in his mouth he didn't know what to do with it and just cried! He always stuffs more and more in when he likes something - I guess he'll learn. He also had some more melon as he loves it!


He was in such a mess after tea (partly due to enthusiastic munching and partly because he pulled off his bib and wrestled me off when I tried to put it back on!) that I had had to shower him off! He did quite like that though.

4 comments:

Em said...

All i can say is the mess get better, well i say better..... Billy eats more than ever now, so he doesnt want to drop it and if it does land in his bib he picks it out and re-eats it! But he also when he's done now throws more food on the floor than ever! Never gonna win that battle i supect!

We're just mastering using a fork now and i am amazed that we've gone from BLW-to self feeding with fork, does get fed up with fork and picks food up still - very funny(i put the video on his blog if you fancy a look http://billysdiary.com/2007/07/09/fork-im-good/ )

michelle said...

Hi,

Pancakes sound like a fab idea! Think I might give that a go tomorrow. I assume they are also ok cold the following day?

I think I need to start expanding on the food experiences and actually start baking/cooking. Getting bored of the sliced fruit, veg and rusks...

Any good suggestions for starters?

Michelle

mumlollipop said...

Hi Em
Can't imagine JJ using a fork but I guess we'll get there! Will check out the video of Billy (I read your blog most days - must leave you a comment!)

Laura xx

mumlollipop said...

Hi Michelle

Yeah the pancakes were great! I used 3 tbsp plain flour, 1 egg and slowly added 3 tbsp milk (got the recipe from aitch's blog) then added some grated cheese.

I think I will try big ones tomorrow with spinach and ricotta and then cut them up for JJ.

I also really reccommend the veggie nuggets from the other day - He and I loved them and they freeze nicely. Have you tried philly on toast fingers? also quite good. I have tried a few new things lately so take a peek at the posts for ideas.

Good luck with the pancakes!
Laura xx