Wednesday 13 June 2007

More sweet potato....roasted this time!





I know .....again...... but I bough a bag of them! I am also a bit worried that I am giving JJ too many different things so though I would keep a constant (not sure why really as he seems to love it but hey-ho - I'm always worrying about something!)


Well I roasted them today in a little olive oil and it was much more successful than boiling. They had a sort of skin and that meant they stayed more in one piece and weren't crushed as easily with those chubby little hands which can squeeze very hard when he gets excited! He was able to suck/gum them for longer and enjoyed it immensely (again don't think very much was eaten but I'm pretty sure that's not the point just yet as mummy's milk is giving him all the goodness he needs still). At one point he had some in each hand and was trying to get both in at once! He also had some roasted courgette which he tried very hard with. I think I cut it too thin though and they just bent and flopped all over the place and there is only so far he can contort his neck to try and get it in before giving in and favouring the sweet potato. I may try again soon with bigger chunks.



He makes such a funny face when he actually swallows a bit - kind of like the face I pull when I have to swallow medicine...but he keeps coming back for more. Tomorrow I think I will give the sweet potato a miss and try regular potato.


If any wise BLWers read this could you tell me if you think I am introducing too many foods too quickly or not? Not sure why I have this paranoia but I do!

1 comment:

Shannanigans said...

Hey - I have this same concern too! Will be interested to see if I come across an answer further in my reading of your blog...

Shannon