Saturday 16 June 2007

Cauliflower and Mango mania!!




Two new tastes for Jacob today - firstly he had cauliflower and was reasonably impressed (as he should be at £1.55 for a tiny organic one!!). He got the idea of holding the stalks and sucking but once again he squeezed the life out of them before he could eat much. He is getting better at picking up smaller bits that have broken off though, although ends up accidentally sucking his thumb when he tries to get them in his mouth!


Next came the mango - huge success. Definitely his favourite thing so far I would say. I was worried about the slipperiness of them so left a bit of skin on the end, but in actual fact he managed fine and I pulled the skin off as he sometimes got it in his mouth and was worried it would get sucked off. The texture of mangoes is great as they are quite fibrous so withstand a LOT of sucking. He did so well and I resisted eating the other half of mango so he could have some tomorrow (not easy as I love mango and love eating in general - its a good job he only really has veggies and fruit coz I am I the habit of snacking on his left overs!)


A great lunch all round.

No comments: