Sunday 17 June 2007

Nothing new but a very happy lunch!

No pictures of lunch today but JJ wanted to say hi......
and show you how good he is at eating anything!




We had a very busy morning today supporting JJ's daddy at a triathlon he was competing in so lunch was very late but Jacob didn't seem to mind! It was also very easy as it was the same as yesterday cauliflower and mango (and a couple of Organix sticks thrown in). He seemed to prefer the cauliflower today - perhaps because it had been in the fridge and was lovely and cool on his gums.


I was very impressed by how his coordination skills have improved over the past few days! He can pick up smaller bits of food that break off now and sometimes get them in his mouth! I also noticed a big difference when I gave him some medicine the other day for his sore gums. Up until weaning he just spat it all straight back out - very messy - but this time he swallowed it straight down - a skill he has obviously recently learnt.


Anyway he seemed to really enjoy his lunch today.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Hi

Just thought I would say hello! I am Michelle, mum to Meredith who is nearly 23 weeks old. I intended to start BLW once we reached six months but we seemed to have made a start over the weekend with some cucumber and banana! I think it was just squashed and sucked but thats ok!

Glad I have found this blog as you are just ahead of me so I will be able to pinch lots of ideas :)

Michelle

mumlollipop said...

Hi Michelle,
BLW kind of crept up on us too but we are really enjoying it. Glad you like the blog. Let me know how you get on - I am sure we can share ideas as we go along.
Have you experienced a 'banana nappy' yet? It looks scarily like wiggly little worms so don't panic!
Laura x

michelle said...

Hi

No 'banana nappy' yet. We tried some brocolli today which she sucked the life out of! Not sure she actually ate any though...

She did pull some really funny faces tho! Not sure that she was really enjoying it but she kept going...

mumlollipop said...

Yeah know what you mean about the funny faces! But like you say they go back for more so they must enjoy it. I have tried to give Jacob some freshly squeezed orange juice to get things moving down below and he definitely didn't like it - so I know he will say no if he doesn't want it!
Keep letting me know how you're getting on

Laura