Wednesday 20 June 2007

2 new tastes and exciting veg box

JJ tried 2 new foods today although it was unplanned. Firstly he got very cross when I was eating my breakfast so I gave him my toast crust which he really enjoyed so had another! Then I gave him a dried apricot becasue a friend said it might help get things moving down below. He sucked away quite contented and like having the whole thing in his mouth - I was so worried but his dad was very chilled out! He looked so funny and kept smiling with a big orange apricot poking out like a 3rd lip - I wish I had taken a picture. He looked quite puzzled by it but I don't think he ate any.

I was very excited today (sad I know) to recieve my first veg box order. It came nice and early and was full of lovely organic veg. So me and hubby had veggie soup for lunch whilst JJ munched on cauli and broccoli. He went straight for the broccoli but got tired very quickly and just mushed everything up! He was messier than ever but the battery ran out on the camera so no funny pictures (sorry Nanna!). I should learn my lesson and not try to feed him until he has had a nap - but I was starving and I like us to eat together.

If anyone out there can suggest anything for JJ's lack of movement down below please let me know!

1 comment:

lois said...

Hi Laura

The blog is fab, you could try some light abdominal massage in a clockwise direction on baby JJs tummy to help keep things moving. Or my sister used to give her baby a piece of orange/satsuma to suck on.

Hope this helps

Lois.x