Wednesday 30 January 2008


Going out for his first walk.


Gnocchi with pesto veg and cheese.



JJ has enjoyed getting to grips with his walking over the past couple of weeks and is very impressed with his new shoes!

On the food front JJ is eating well. He has a great fondness for beans (of any variety but especially kidney beans) at the minute - he even chose them over blueberries! He is getting good at telling us when he is hungry now. He will say 'num num num' as a kind of eating noise. If we ask him if he is hungry he goes into the kitchen. He is also pointing at the cupboard. If he gets grumpy it is often if he is hungry and needs a snack.

He had a fillet and a half of salmon (which I marinated with honey, ginger and lime) last night along with veggies and cous cous (he found the cous cous hard work though!). Guess he needs the protein. He is loving kiwi fruit, beans, potatoes (as always!), greek yogurt with honey, bananas and cheerios.

He has also got one more tooth now which evens out his 3 on the bottom. He was pretty grouchy with it coming through though so I'm not looking to the rest coming through.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi my son is turning 9 months soon. I am planning to try BLW (well technically he has already tried solids)as he seems to be feeding erratically. Some days he would happily chomp down mashed avocados, bananas and pears - his favourite foods. On other days, he just wouldn't eat it. It was hard to predict whether he will eat what was prepared for the day. He is also refusing rice congees most of the time but rice congee is the typical food that babies in Asia or Chinese babies are supposed to eat! I had chanced upon BLW but did not dare try it as it seems a bit too alternative. Well...a few months down the road, so much for the conventional pureeing and mush. I am keen to try BLW mainly because my son doesn't seem to be eating his puree as he should be. I have lots of questions and wonder if I could email him with them. Thanks a lot!

Unknown said...

sorry I meant email you. Thanks!

mumlollipop said...

Hi Belle,

Glad to hear you are interested in BLW. I would be more than happy to answer some questions (although I am no expert). If you post your email address I will get back to you with mine.

Laura xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.