Monday 6 August 2007

Quesadillas!






JJ had his usual breakfast.


We enjoyed a lovely lunch outside in the sunshine. We had quesadillas (like a taosted tortilla sandwich - wil post the recipe in the recipe section) - JJ had double cheese and spinach and me and dh had pepperoni, cheese and tomato. I wasn't sure JJ would manage them too well but he thought they were great and gobbled lots up. We tried one of my lovingly made smoothie lollies on him again and once again he refuses to hold the tissue and so gets frozen hands which makes him cry - oh well me and DH will have to eat them!


Tea was a bit of a rushed affair as we were out buying new camping gear and trying on back carriers for JJ. He had some fresh beef ravioli and I whizzed up some leftover aubergine from yesterday to make a quick sauce. He sucked them to death but ate very little. He did eat a WHOLE nectarine (I was very excited by this!), some banana (although he seems to enjoy just biting this into chunks), a biscuit and a baby rice cake - which he put in whole but eventully managed to eat it!


Skills update!

JJ now moves bits of food out of his way in order to get what he wants. He sees a piece he wants and will do anything to get at it even if other pieces are nearer/easier. He uses a two handed approach to trickier stuff - grasping it in one hand and supporting it (aka shoving it in) with the other. He swaps food from one hand to the other to get a better grip of it. He put the little bits in his palm back down then pincer grips them to eat them. Such a clever boy! Doesn't seem 5 mins since it was a major just to get food in his mouth.

4 comments:

michelle said...

Arrrrggghhh!

We are having a bad few days! I thought it was because she has been poorly but its been a couple of days now since she got better and still not good...

EVERYTHING is going on the floor and i can't seem to tempt her with anything. I made her some bean burgers today but they were dumped immediately!

I think I will skip tea tonight and take stock before trying again tomorrow...:(

mumlollipop said...

Hi Michelle
I do know the feeling and it seems like they will never eat well again - but JJ has always started enjoying his food again just as I start doubting myself. If it is any consolation I have friends who are puree feeding and whose babies go through the same fussy refusal periods.

JJ got a tooth last week and since then he has been eating brilliantly - I think it explained why he wasn't eating as much as I would have liked before this - does your LO have any teeth?

I also think that our anticipation freaks them out - I know if I have really wanted JJ to eat something as I have cooked it specially or I am worried about how much he is having he tends to eat very little - he can sense it I am sure.

Also if JJ has been poorly he can take quite a while to get back to normal even though he seems better. Even before he was on solids and was just bf he would have days/weeks where he seemed to hardly feed at all and I would get so worried but he always picked up again - I think it's just the way babies are!

Could you try her with the odd snack here and there (I sometimes do this with JJ sitting on the floor if he doesn't seem to want to be in his high chair and have a meal -I know you're not supposed to but hey!) - maybe little bits and bobs might be what she needs now.
Sorry for the essay - just really want to help!
Laura xx

michelle said...

Hi Laura

Thanks for the support! I know I have read enough about BLW to expect this sort of thing but its still a bit disheartening!

Yep, she has teeth. Her top 2 just came through last week so with that and her being poorly I shouldn't really be surprised I suppose. I think i am so dissapointed because she had her best eating day ever the Saturday before last and then has had hardly anything since...

I will do as you suggest tomorrow and just try her with some 'treats' in her bumbo.

fingers crossed we are making some more progress soon...

Thanks again for the words of encouragement, just having a bad day!

Michelle

Em said...

Hey we've had my own design of Quesadillas and they were great! Good idea!!