Tuesday 21 August 2007

Cous cous 'sausages'

I thought I would try something different today for breakfast so we had wheatabix (not ground breaking I know!). They don't do mini plain wheatabix so I broke a big one up into a few bits and dunked it like I do with the oatibix. He seemed to really enjoy it and ate the lot as well as about 8 exta oatibix bitesize. All in all a good breakfast.

Lunch was a bit of a non starter. I was very proud of my new lunch inventions - cous cous 'sausages' - but he wasn't in a lunch mood - nothing would tempt him today - not the cous cous, not strawberries, not yogurt. So we called it a day. The cous cous was great though - I cooked the cous cous and mixed some with mashed sardines and cream cheese and formed it into sausage shapes, the rest I mixed with hummus and did the same. They worked really well and make a nice quick lunch and a change from bread and the usual. I will put the proper recipe on the recipe blog.

Tea was cottage pie, broccoli, cabbage, carrots ( and another cous cous sausage). JJ loved it but was not really in an eating mood again but he did better than lunch. Hopefully he will be back on track tomorrow - I guess too much breakfast spoiled him!

No comments: