Monday 23 July 2007

Shepherd's Pie and rice!



JJ had shredded wheat, melon and blueberries for breakfast today. He is getting good at picking up blueberries!


For lunch I cooked some rice which I then whizzed briefly in my mini blender (the ones that attach onto a hand blender - sooo useful) and I rolled it into logs. It held together brilliantly but JJ turned his nose up - I don't think he likes bland things!

I mixed the other half with some mashed mango but this was a bit sloppy so I added some dessicated coconut and baby rice to firm it up. I put it in the fridge and forgot about it - its still sat there!

So he had his rice logs, some cheese and some mango (lots of mango!). I was eating some left over shepherds pie for my lunch and he seemed rather interested (I hadn't given it to him as I didn't think he'd manage it) so I gave him some and he gobbled it up.

SO for tea tonight I gave JJ some shepherd's pie of his own - well he wouldn't even touch it. We had been into town and he just wanted to play so I let him and tried him again a bit later. He half heartedly had a bit (he loved it at lunch!). So I gave him some yogurt which he practically begged for then decided he did want his shepherds pie, and the rest of his yogurt and an Organix rusk! In the end he had quite a bit to eat.

No comments: