Friday 17 August 2007

fun in the sun!




Well we had another exciting day at the seaside with our friends. JJ wasn't too fussed about breakfast this morning - he had about half a bowl and some nectarine.

Lunch was a little picnic on a bench at some paddling pools. JJ had some french bread and butter, blueberries and nectarine and a biscuit which was thrown on the floor. He seemed to really enjoy eating with other children. He also had a bit of my fish, batter removed, on the sand (oh an a teeny tiny piece of doughnut, shhh don't tell his daddy!)


For tea JJ had some broccoli, cod and potatoes. Fir pud he had some mashed banana mixed with Greek yogurt which he really enjoyed.
We have had a lovely couple of days house sitting by the sea and are heading home tomorrow. Other news JJ learnt to wave yesterday - he is very cute doing it. He is sooooo close to crawling now too but has been for a couple of weeks. Today he actually picked up one hand and moved it forward but couldn't figure out how to move the other one! Maybe tomorrow he will get it!

5 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Looks like such a fun day, he eats a great diet. Sure he will be crawling soon, my youngest is just about walking its so exciting

michelle said...

Hi Laura,

I hope you don't mind but I wondered how many BF JJ was having now? In the last couple of days Meredith has really started dropping BF's...

We are now doing 3 meals a day and she is having a BF as follows:-

1 night feed
1 mid morning
1 mid afternoon
1 before bed.

She has always been fed on demand and it wasn't rare for her to feed 6-8 times in a daytime!

Does this sound normal to you?

Michelle

Rayhana said...

Hi Laura,

I wish DS was eating as well as JJ! Then my mom would stop saying how DS isn't really on solids because he hardly eats anything I give him - and he's been BLW for 1.5 months now.. she pressures me a whole lot to give him porridge and mush..

How do you find time to prepare such yummy food for him?! ;)

Keep up the good work..

Em said...

How cute is he in his little sun suit!

mumlollipop said...

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments - I love getting them!

Laura- walking is too scary to think of - it is hard now he can get accross a room even before he can crawl! Bet you are worn out!

Michelle - JJ's bfs vary nowadays. He can manage on 2 a day if we are busy - he doesn't really ask. He always has morning and before bed and then may have one or two others in the day but to be honest he uses it to get to sleep really rather than to eat which I am trying to stop. He will often want one in the night but I am trying to break that habit too as he often won't bother in the morning is he has had a night feed. They have dropped off quite quickly though. He used to BF loads. Sounds like Meredith must be eating better now?

Hi Rayhana - it is hard when they are not eating too well - especially of other people are doubting your methods! All I can say is that on all the blogs and message boards I have been on there are many mums saying it can take a couple of months for some babies to even attmept to eat anything and all these babies end up eating well in the end. When I start to doubt my methods I always think back to the reasons why I started BLW in the first place.
As for the time to cook thing - it helps that I love cooking, I am not working and JJ is very good at entertaining himself at the minute whilst I cook. I have days where I really can't be bothered though!

Em - yeah he was sooo cute. Billy was a sweetie sitting in his new suitcase too!
Laura xx